Comsol in 3D Stereo
This brief guide will explain how to enable Comsol to work in 3D Stereo with the moreStereo3D Software.
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable Comsol to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin for Comsol
1) Please install moreStereo3D and update your Direct-X runtime.
2) Start moreStereo3D
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Comsol
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select "more3D Stereo Enabler"
4) Click the "Locate known Apps" Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" for your Comsol installation. In case you have installed Comsol into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Comsol installation properly, please continue on step 9)
5) Click the "Add Application" Button.
6) Navigate to your Comsol installation directory ( e.g. E:\Program Files\COMSOL)
7) Open the subfolder named after Comsol's version number (e.g. COMSOL43b), then the subfolder "bin",
7a) Open the Subfolder "win64" for the 64-bit version of comsol. The complete path should be looking close to this: E:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL43b\bin\win64
7b) Open the Subfolder "win32" for the 32-bit version of comsol. The complete path should be looking close to this: E:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL43b\bin\win32
8) Select the "comsol.exe" and click "Open".
9a) Please set "Application Version" to "Win32" for the 32-bit version of Comsol ; set "Graphic Library" to "openGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
9b) Please set "Application Version" to "Win64" for the 64-bit version of Comsol ; set "Graphic Library" to "openGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
III. Configure Comsol for perfect 3D Stereo performance
10) Finally its time to start Comsol.
11) Open the Comsol options.
12) Select "Graphics" from the left list. Set "Rendering" to "OpenGL" and "Optimize for" to "Performance"
13) Comsol has been configured.
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
If you have any questions or require technical assistance, please do not hestiate to contact email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and even Head Mounted Displays from within your application