Google Earth in 3D Stereo
Please note that moreStereo3D currently supports Google Earth 6. You can download it here: Download. The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps on how to enable the 3D Stereo Plugin for Google Earth. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Google Earth
Download and install Google Earth 6.02.
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select "more3D Stereo Enabler"
4) Click the "Locate known Apps" Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" for your Google Earth installation and you can apply the 3D Stereo Plugin for Google Earth.
In case you have installed Google Earth into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Google Earth installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the "Add Application" Button.
6) Navigate to your Google Earth directory. The folder might look close to this:
"E:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth\client"
7) Select the file "googleearth.exe" and press "Open".
8) Please set "Application Version" to "Win32". Set "Graphic Library" to "OpenGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
III. Configure the Google Earth for best 3D Stereo performance
9) Start the Google Earth in OpenGL mode. You can either use the option in your Google Earth startmenu group or the Google Earth Options once started.
Either use the startmenu shortcut to start Google Earth in OpenGL mode or
Use Google Earth'es built-in options to make the setting.
10) Click on "view" and disable the point "Atmosphere" to get the best quality 3D Stereo inside Google Earth with the moreStereo3D software
IV. Enjoy 3D Stereo inside Google Earth in Realtime
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
If you have any questions or require technical assistance, please do not hestiate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and even Head Mounted Displays from within your application