Application Profile: SAS JMP
This brief guide will explain how to enable JMP to work in 3D Stereo with the moreStereo3D Software.
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable JMP to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for JMP
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select "more3D Stereo Enabler"
4) Click the "Locate known Apps" Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" for your JMP installation. In case you have installed JMP into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your JMP installation properly, please continue on step 9)
5) Click the "Add Application" Button.
6) Navigate to your JMP installation directory ( e.g. E:\Program Files (x86)\SAS\JMP\)
7) Open the subfolder named after JMP's version number, e.g. "10" . The complete path should be looking close to this: "E:\Program Files (x86)\SAS\JMP\10\"
8) Select the "Jmp.exe" and press "Open".
9a) Please set "Application Version" to "Win32" for a 32-Bit version of JMP; set "Graphic Library" to "openGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
9b) Please set "Application Version" to "Win64"for a 64-Bit version of JMP; set "Graphic Library" to "openGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
III. Enjoy realtime 3D Stereo inside JMP
10) Finally its time to start JMP and create a scatterplot.
11) Please right-click into the scatterplot and select ": "Use Hardware Acceleration".
12a) Additional Information: JMP can display more than one scatterplot at a time. You will have to choose which viewport is translated into stereo 3D. You can do this with the in-app control panel.
The in-app 3D control panel displays "Curr. / Sel. Window No."
The Curr. Window No. Indicates the window number which is internally used for this particualar window
12b) Simply adapt the "Sel. Window No." to the "Curr. Window No.". This way you can cycle through all the scatterplots.
You might want to play around with the 3D Settings. Here's an image of the more3D-recommended settings for JMP
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
If you have any questions or require technical assistance, please do not hestiate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and even Head Mounted Displays from within your application