MSC Adams View in 3D Stereo
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps on how to enable the 3D Stereo Plugin for MSC Adams. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please download and install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for MSC Adams
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select "more3D Stereo Enabler"
4) Click the "Locate known Apps" Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" for your MSC Adams installation and you can apply the 3D Stereo Plugin for MSC Adams View.
In case you have installed MSC Adams Viewa non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your MSC Adams installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the "Add Application" Button.
6) Navigate to your MSC Software directory. The complete path could look close to this:
6a) Open the subfolder "Adams_x64" for the 64-Bit version of MSC Adams View
6b) Open the subfolder "Adams_x86" for the 32-Bit version of MSC Adams View
7) Open the subfolder "2012" (Subject to change, depends on the version number of MSC Adams). Open the subfolder "aview", followed by the folder "Win64" (for the 64-Bit version of MSC Adams; open "Win32" for the 32-Bit version). Select the file "aview.exe" and press "Open".
8b) Please set "Application Version" to "Win64"for a 64-Bit version of the MSC Adams. Set "Graphic Library" to "OpenGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
Your more3D Stereo Enabler should look close to this image when enabling 3D Stereo for MSC Adams.
III. Enjoy the 3D Stereo inside MSC Adams
MSC Adams View is the application being called by other MSC applications (e.g. Post Processor, Car, Driveline, ...). This means that when having stereo enabled for this app, it will also be available for all other MSC apps.
You might want to finetune the 3D Stereo Settings of MSC Adams. If you ever feel like resetting to more3D's recommended stereo generation, here they are:
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and even Head Mounted Displays from within your application.