PyMOL in 3D Stereo
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps on how to enable the 3D Stereo Plugin for PyMOL. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for PyMOL
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select "more3D Stereo Enabler"
4) Click the "Locate known Apps" Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" for your PyMOL installation and you can apply the 3D Stereo Plugin for PyMOL.
In case you have installed PyMOL into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your PyMOL installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the "Add Application" Button.
6) Navigate to your PyMOL directory. The folder might look close to this:
7) Select the file "PyMOL.exe" and press "Open".
8a) Please set "Application Version" to "Win32" for a 32-Bit version of PyMOL. Set "Graphic Library" to "OpenGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
8b) Please set "Application Version" to "Win64" for a 64-Bit version of the PyMOL. Set "Graphic Library" to "OpenGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
III. Enjoy the 3D Stereo Visualization inside PyMOL
You might want to finetune the 3D Stereo Settings of PyMOL. If you ever feel like resetting to more3D's recommended stereo generation, here they are:
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
If you have any questions or require technical assistance, please do not hestiate to contact email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and even Head Mounted Displays from within your application.