Siemens FEMAP in 3D Stereo
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps on how to enable the 3D Stereo Plugin for Siemens FEMAP. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please download and install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Siemens FEMAP
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select "more3D Stereo Enabler"
4) Click the "Locate known Apps" Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" for your Siemens FEMAP installation and you can apply the 3D Stereo Plugin for Siemens FEMAP .
In case you have installed Siemens FEMAP into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Siemens FEMAP installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the "Add Application" Button.
6) Navigate to your Siemens FEMAP directory.The complete path could look close to this:
7) Select the file "femap.exe" and press "Open".
8a) Please set "Application Version" to "Win32" for a 32-Bit version of Siemens FEMAP. Set "Graphic Library" to "OpenGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
8b) Please set "Application Version" to "Win64"for a 64-Bit version of the Siemens FEMAP. Set "Graphic Library" to "OpenGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
III.Configure FEMAP for optimal 3D Stereo Visualization
9) Its time to start FEMAP and perform the final settings to create perfect 3D stereo in FEMAP. Click on "View" in the menu bar and select "Options". Alternatively you can simply press "F6".
10) Please enable Perspective projection mode. Follow the next steps, click the image for a bigger version of it.
(1) Click on "Tools and View Style"
(2) Clickl on "Perspective" in the Options List.
(3) Check the "Option On" Checkbox
(4) Click "Apply" and "OK"
IV.Enjoy the 3D Stereo Visualization inside Siemens FEMAP
You might want to finetune the 3D Stereo Settings of Siemens FEMAP. If you ever feel like resetting to more3D's recommended stereo generation, here they are:
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
If you have any questions or require technical assistance, please do not hestiate to contact email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and even Head Mounted Displays from within your application.