Solid Edge ST5 in 3D Stereo
This brief guide will explain how to enable Solid Edge ST5 to work in 3D Stereo with the moreStereo3D Software.
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable Solid Edge ST5 to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the moreStereo3D Software
1) Download and install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Solid Edge ST5.
3) Please start SolidEdge ST5.
4) Please open the Solid Edge ST5 options.
5) In the left list, please select "View", then select "Application Display" from the main menu and set it to "use hardware acceleration (simple)" (we only had the German version of SolidEdge available for testing, please let us know the correct translation. Until we get this, please use the red markers in the image for orientation.
6) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select "more3D Stereo Enabler"
7) Click the "Locate known Apps" Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" for your Solid Edge ST5 installation. In case you have installed Solid Edge ST5 into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Solid Edge ST5 installation properly, please continue on step 12)
8) Click the "Add Application" Button.
9) Navigate to your Solid Edge ST5 installation directory ( e.g. E:\Program Files (x86)\Solid Edge ST5\)
10) Open the subfolder named "program" . The complete path should be looking close to this: E:\Program Files (x86)\Solid Edge ST5\program
11) Select the "Edge.exe" and press "Open".
12a) Please set "Application Version" to "Win32" for a 32-Bit version of Solid Edge; set "Graphic Library" to "openGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
12b) Please set "Application Version" to "Win64"for a 64-Bit version of Solid Edge; set "Graphic Library" to "openGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
III. Enjoy 3D Stereo inside SolidEdge ST5
13) Finally its time to start Solid Edge ST5 and load a 3D Model.
14) Please open the View tab (1) and set Solid Edge ST5 to use "Perspective mode" (2).
You might want to play around with the 3D Settings. Here's an image of the more3D-recommended settings for Solid Edge ST5
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
If you have any questions or require technical assistance, please do not hestiate to contact email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and even Head Mounted Displays from within your application.