3DS Max in 3D Stereo
This brief guide will explain how to enable 3DS Max to work in 3D Stereo with the moreStereo3D Software.
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable 3DS Max to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin for 3DS Max
1) Please install moreStereo3D and update your Direct-X runtime.
2) Start moreStereo3D
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for 3DS Max
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select "more3D Stereo Enabler"
4) Click the "Locate known Apps" Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" for your 3DS Max installation. In case you have installed 3DS Max into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5).
If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your 3DS Max installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the "Add Application" Button.
6) Navigate to your 3DS Max installation directory ( e.g. D:\Autodesk\3DS)
7) Select the 3dsmax.exe. The complete path should be looking close to this: "D:\Autodesk\3DS\3dsmax.exe". Click "open".
8) Please set "Application Version" to "Win64" ; set "Graphic Library" to "openGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
III. Configure 3DS Max for best 3D Stereo performance with moreStereo3D
9) Finally its time to start 3DS Max.
10) Please open 3DS Max'es Options/Settings.
11) Open the tab "Viewport" and click "Choose Driver".
12) Set the driver to "Legacy OpenGL" and click OK.
13) Restart 3DS Max, load a model and enjoy 3D Stereo inside 3DS Max.
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
If you have any questions or require technical assistance, please do not hestiate to contact email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and even Head Mounted Displays from within your application.